5 Secrets of True HAPPINESS
HAPPINESS is the new cool thing, or is it something that we have forgotten? After weighing the pros and cons of life’s equations, unraveling the mysteries – building it up, losing everything, and regaining it back, what’s the true meaning and purpose of your life, we wonder? The fact of the matter is, it really boils down to your own happiness factor. What’s the point of liking what you don’t have, and having what you don’t like?
And what if, that “thing” is your life? Imagine, if your life has been programmed to move in the opposite direction of your natural instinct, you will be perpetually unhappy and frustrated, isn’t it so? So, stop, pause, and think. Instead of moving on blindly on the path of least resistance, and pursuing different objects of desire, wouldn’t it be better to prioritize on the really important stuff so you can spend more time and money on the things that bring you real enjoyment, for the longer term, rather than trivial pursuits. So, at the end of the day, you just want to live a happy and joyful life, and its not really about chasing material world, while losing track of the really important stuff – called Life. So what are these important things to have:
- Health and energy – Health, like sleep is something we take for granted until we lose it. Good health is a gift, for us to enjoy life and the best it has to offer, but what are you doing on your part, to stay in the right path. What are your motivations to stay young, energetic and free. Perhaps the ability to travel, to play with your grandchildren, to take care of others; or perhaps to look good, stay strong and live a long life. What are your “Whys”, They say your health is No.1, and its your wealth, for without it, you lose everything. Why don’t you have it, so you can regain everything?
- Financial independence – For those who say that money is not important, what are you pretending not to know? Don’t be like some who have more months left at the end of the money. For most people, their jobs are their lifeline, cut it off, and their whole eco-system will collapse, spiral down, implode and explode. The fact is, money is important not only for our daily survival, but also for our future well-being. We have to be more aware, take calculated steps towards becoming financially free, because our quality of life depends on it. And what’s the timeline for us to achieve this financial independence for our peace of mind as well as our loved ones?
- Meaningful work – There are all kinds of job, but finding the one that suits you is a gem. Like they say, do the job you love and you will not have to work a single day of your life. All of us have different knowledge, inclinations and skillsets. Imagine trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, that’s when life’s frustrations begin, which leads to a myriad of problems which never ends, and question your existentialism. The truth is, your job has a direct effect on your happiness quotient. Finding a job that you love can take you a long way, not only in enhancing your skillset and knowledge in a particular field of endeavor, but ultimately make you a happier person, as you grow along with your job.
- Happy relationships – We are all surrounded by people each day. Some are closer, and others are not, while others remain as strangers. But always be mindful that people are not objects. In our busyness we may overlook the fact that people have emotions, sensitivities and expectations. Not being open and conscious of other people’s needs and concerns, especially those we rub shoulders with daily; can end up on slippery slope towards a selfish end. This in turn will affect the quality of our relationship with others. You can create your own environment by building the right relationships, not only as buffer for your down days, but also for your up days, to celebrate your happiness and success with those who know and care about you.
- Self-actualization – At the end of the day, after all is said and done, what do you really want? This is about your real purpose in life — your dreams, ambitions, desires and inspiration. That’s to say if you have no problems, and have all the money you want, what would you do with your life? What’s the one thing that will give you the greatest joy and satisfaction, if you can have it all? Perhaps, it is about living a life with no regrets and limitations, and contributing to a cause that is larger than life. Life is not just a means to an end. We need to have higher goals and inspiration, to hold our heads high and walk with a spring in our steps. So, why not dedicate some quiet time on a regular basis to reflect on those old forgotten dreams, perhaps it is time to reawaken the giant within, on what makes us unique individuals and not just another cog in the machine. It’s time to rise up to your calling, the future awaits you.
*For more info, visit www.wealthmentors.com. If you like this article, please SHARE.